[Popcon-developers] popcon page renders like the old style of the main debian website

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Wed Nov 6 17:21:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 01:08:55AM +0100, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
> 2013/11/5 Bill Allombert <ballombe at debian.org>:
> > I do not want necessarily to keep the tabs, but there still need a way to
> > switch between the two reports.
>
> I didn't have a good idea so I keeped the tabs. I just removed the
> rounded corners, paint it in black and add minor tweaks. (see attached
> archive.)

Unfortunately, now it looks like an obituary.
Maybe the first design (with two lines) was better.

You should include the stable page in your tarball so we can see how the
switch works.

Also maybe you could add POPCON in red in the top left corner like in
the QA pages.

> I added a ':' to 'Statistics for sections sorted by fields' in order
> to have the same style to every title.
>

> > I find the dotted div a bit awkward.
> > The headers 'Statistics per Debian architectures' and 'Statistics per
> > popularity-contest releases' are much too low with respect with the image.
>
> Fixed.
> For the second remark, the title is now outside the table to remove
> completely the problem (it exists with the current website version but
> the offset is much lower).

The idea was that the list was centered with respect to graphs, not at the top.

> > Also if you have some idea about improving the current layout, do not hesitate.
>
> I wonder if it would be interesting to give emphasis on the
> 'Statistics per Debian architectures' and 'Statistics per
> popularity-contest releases' sections.
> The 4 first statistics sections could be under a 'Download' emphasised section.
> At the end of the page, there is a 'Raw popularity-contest results'
> alone. I think it could be added to this download section.

Good idea. This came directly from Avery pages.

> I'm not sure if the latest sentence "To participate in this survey,
> install the popularity-contest package." is useful. If an user search
> informations about the use or the goal of popcon, he will give up
> before reaching the bottom of the page. The sentence could be added as
> a new second paragraph at the top of the page (just after the '...read
> the README and the FAQ. ').

Good idea. This also came directly from Avery pages.

Cheers,
Bill.