[Popcon-developers] popcon call for cheking your log

Bill Allombert ballombe at debian.org
Thu Nov 7 14:04:42 UTC 2013

Hello popular people,

I am investigating a problem with some system failing to report to popcon,
which seems caused by too many system trying to submit via http at the same
time.

Could you check whether you are affected by looking in the log of the
various computer you run popcon on ?
Normally it should be in /var/log/user.log*

The error is logged as
Nov  2 06:25:35 hostname popularity-contest: unable to submit report to http://popcon.debian.org/cgi-bin/popcon.cgi.

Please tell me roughly how many system you checked, whether they are online 24/24 and
how many exhibit the problem (and what is their timezone)

This will help me estimate the extent of the problem

Thanks in advance,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.