[Popcon-developers] popcon page renders like the old style of the main debian website

Stéphane Blondon stephane.blondon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 21:48:19 UTC 2014

2013/12/29 Stéphane Blondon <stephane.blondon at gmail.com>:
> 2013/12/27 Bill Allombert <ballombe at debian.org>:
>> On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 12:41:28PM +0100, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
>>> Do you have to have increase the height a lot? Are There other
>>> architectures not displayed?
>>
>> As an experiment, I have increased the height by 100px.
>> [...]
>> Now we have the same issue with "version in use"
>
> Ok, I understand the problem.
> Is it possible to not limit the height of the image (= the library
> uses the size needed to write all the legend)?

I checked in the documentation of the package (in
libchart-perl_2.4.6.orig.tar.gz,
Chart-2.4.6/doc/html/classChart_1_1Base.html ) and it's not possible:

private int Chart::Base::_init ( scalar  x, scalar  y)
Parameters:
[in] $x Width of the final image in pixels (Default: 400)
[in] $y Height of the final image in pixels (Default: 300)

I propose another way to fix the problem: compute the approximate
height needed for each image.
23 architectures => max(500px, 50 + 23*17px) = 500px
38 versions of popcon tool => max(500px, 50 + 38*17px) = 696px

(Values quickly tested with Gimp.)

Others solutions (?):
 - perhaps perl-gnuplot have another behaviour compatible with the CSS strategy?
 - a javascript library could display the pictures on the client side.

Did you have time to see the 'title' demo provided in a previous
e-mail (with title_demo.tar.gz attachment)?

Cheers
--
Imprimez ce message en A2 et en couleur au moins 500 fois!
Brûlez des arbres!!

-- envoyé depuis ma centrale à charbon
Stéphane