[Popcon-developers] minor cleanup patches

Bill Allombert ballombe at debian.org
Mon May 4 08:17:27 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 10:00:07AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 2:22 AM, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > I have applied the 3 first patches, but I omitted the last one which
> > is incorrect and seems to have been written by a script that does not
> > understand the difference between "$a" and $a.
>
> It was written by me based on the output of the shellcheck (0.3.4-3)
> tool (attached):
>
> https://packages.debian.org/unstable/shellcheck
>
> I expect I probably did get some things wrong, could you point out
> some of the incorrect parts of the patch?

Changing $KEYRING by "$KEYRING" etc. is breaking the configuration
interface. See the FAQ:

A) You need to provide a keyring file with the public key used by your server,
  then you can add a file matching /etc/popularity-contest.d/*.conf with
  KEYRING="$KEYRING --keyring /path/to/your/keyring"
  POPCONKEY="$POPCONKEY -r YOURKEYID"
  SUBMITURLS="$SUBMITURLS http://myserver/popcon.cgi"
  MAILTO="$MAILTO, survey at myserver" # Optional

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.