[Popcon-developers] Clustering popcon data for recommendaitons

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Tue Feb 7 23:58:10 UTC 2017

Hi there @popcon!

I am curious  about using the popcon data to provide package
recommendations - for example, my personal use case: what are the packages
that are most common with users of xmonad to discover nice software that I
may not know exists.

Chatting briefly with apenwarr he mentioned that there is some prior work
for instance to assign related packages to the same DVD. I thought I would
try to get an update from the current maintainers as to the state of this.

I build recommenders for a living and I would have just made a prototype
but the data is (understandably!) private.  I would need access at the
report level but of course with scrubbed emails, headers, ip addresses, etc.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
-Todd