[Printing-Debian] Update of the talk

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud odyx at debian.org
Thu Jul 7 14:07:57 UTC 2016

Hi there,

the DC16 lightning talk session allowed me to run through a quick update
of the talk [0] launching this project:

a) claiming that the Printing Debian project is the natural ancester of
Software Heritage [1] and preparing the according lawsuits [2].
b) quick-and-dirty script the texttopdf conversion of the CUPS source
package as of unstable;
    - PDF concatenation fails (or slows down so much) above ~2500 pages;
      bad pdftk
    - the debian/changelog alone is 127 A4 pages

The initial process was:
for file in files; do
   /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttopdf $file $targetfile
   pdftk $finalpdf $targetfile cat output $finalpdf.new
   mv $finalpdf.new $finalpdf
   rm $targetfile
done

It's obviously wrong on many counts.

c) I added the idea of a 'source package in PDF' debian.net service.
This seems something somewhat realistic in not too much work.

Looking forward to your crazy ideas!

--
Cheers,
    OdyX