[Python-apps-team] Phatch (Re: Spe's Debian packaging feedback)

Stani's Python Editor spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:23:21 UTC 2007

Hi Emilio, Bernd, Stefano and all other PAPT enthusiasts,

I just uploaded phatch 0.0.bzr164 on http://photobatch.stani.be, which
fixes a bug for languages with unicode, non ascii characters. I've also
uploaded all available translations from rosetta, which are growing very
fastly. The direct link for the upstream tarball is:
http://sd-2986.dedibox.fr/photobatch/download/package/phatch-0.0.bzr164.tar.gz

I also attach my home brewed _debian.zip with which I create now a
debian installer with dh_make and cdbs automatically (on Gutsy). For
sure this is not correct as it creates the package always freshly and
doesn't maintain a changelog. The resulting packages are more like
nightly builds for early testers but not up to the quality testing as is
done by PAPT. This is my folder hierarchy:
~/python/phatch
~/python/phatch/trunk (with the bzr repository!)
~/python/phatch/packaging/_debian (the attached tarball)
~/python/phatch/packaging/debian (the package will be generated here)

To install the necessary build tools do:
$ sudo apt-get install dh-make cdbs python-all-dev

To run the automatic package script (probably only works when you don't
use the source tarball, but checkout bazaar):
$ ./run_me_to_package

I just include _debian.tar.gz as it already contains some useful files
like rules, ... You are all more experienced than me in packaging, so I
hope one of you steps up and package phatch for debian sid. If I can
improve my automatic packaging I am very curious to learn.

If there is no problem with this upstream tarball to package and no
other bugs are reported by phatch users, I will re-release it as
phatch 0.1

Thanks for all your help,

Stani

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort schreef: