[Python-apps-team] ITP: phatch: a photo batch processor

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 6 13:51:28 UTC 2007

Stani, I've made a couple of fixes to Phatch, attached is a patch:

For the desktop file, the Version key is the freedesktop.org desktop
specification version to which the desktop file complies. It is 1.0 currently.
Also, the icon doesn't need to have a extension. The desktop file will
automatically take the best one if there is the same icon with different extensions.

And the Application value for the Category key is deprecated, as is the Encoding
key, which is deprecated because it has to be utf-8 now.

For round.py, I don't think we need the hashbang, as it is imported from the
phatch (correct me if I'm wrong) and not intended to be executed directly.

And the setup.py, I've commented that because when it imports info, it imports
Image too, and I don't want to build-depend on python-imaging if we can avoid it.

Do you really need to add all that info to the setup script? It's in Help>About
anyway. Isn't that enough? If possible, would be nice if you can fix it.

Thanks!
Emilio