[Python-apps-team] phatch_0.1.bzr172-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Stani's Python Editor spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 18:10:40 UTC 2007

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort schreef:
> Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> Hi Maintainer,
>>
>> rejected, first there is no source for the pdf file included in docs/.
>> Second there are files with different licenses/(C) holders, like
>> core/lib/pubsub.py (and more, your task to list them).
>>

> Hi Stani,
>
> Phatch was rejected by ftpmaster due to that problems.
>
> To solve the pdf issue, either ship the source (latex, or whatever) or better
> (IMHO) ship the documentation as html :)
There is a python_dev.pdf and the source is in docs as well it is
python_dev.txt. The pdf was generated with asciidoc from the txt.
Probably it also can generate html if that is preferred. Is shipping
pdfs (with the .txt source) in debian packages something better to avoid?

> And regarding the copyright holders, that's my fault. But I'm wondering one
> thing: Do you need
> phatch/core/lib/pubsub.py
> phatch/pyWx/lib/img2py.py
>
> Since they are included in python-wxgtk2.{6,8}.
>
> If you could use the system ones and remove them from your source tree, that
> would be great. Otherwise let me know and I'll fix the copyright file.
Well these two files are completely independent of python-wxgtk*,
although they are shipped by it. I included them as I will need them for
the console version of phatch which is targetted at batching photos on
servers without a gui. Actually I only need pubsub.py for the console
version, img2py could be used from the system as that only make sense
for guis. I have included img2py so that people can easily implement
icons when they develop a plugin for phatch.
I will investigate this a little more and report back here. I need to
test this on Windows and Mac Os X as well.
Anyhow later I will need to use pubsub for the console version, as the
console version won't require python-wxgtk. Will it be possible to have
a package with mixed licenses? I am quite sure that pubsub (wxwidgets
license, which is more like a lgpl) is compatible with gpl.

Stani