[Python-apps-team] Introduction

Frank Niessink frank at niessink.com
Tue Oct 30 19:49:05 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm new on this list and would like to take the opportunity to
introduce myself and ask some questions. My name is Frank Niessink and
I'm the primary author of Task Coach (http://www.taskcoach.org), an
open source (GPL) task manager written in Python and wxPython. I'd
like to make Task Coach available for Debian users (and users of
derivative distributions such as Ubuntu). So far, I've created deb
files by converting rpm files with alien, but that approach is not
ideal. I'd like to learn how to create proper deb packages and make
them available via apt and the like.

So, I guess my first question is: what should I read first? And my
second question is: any examples out there of Python/wxPython apps
that are packaged for Debian that I can study? And my third question:
anyone here that would like to coach me a bit?

Thanks, Frank