[Python-apps-team] RFA: clive -- Video extraction utility for some video sites

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Tue Dec 9 13:46:00 UTC 2008

-=| Damyan Ivanov, Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 08:13:15AM +0200 |=-
> -=| Marco Rodrigues, Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 02:46:56PM +0000 |=-
> >
> > I like to know if someone would like to adopt clive, because it changed from
> > Python to Perl, so Python Application Packaging Team won't maintain it anymore.
> >
> > http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/clive.html
> >
> > Homepage: http://clive.sourceforge.net/clive2.shtml
> > Popcon stats: http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=clive
>
> I am willing to take over for the Debian Perl Group.
>
> debian-perl, do you mind if I use a Git repository under
> git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/apps for it?

The package is more-or-less ready. It needed libio-pager-perl (now in
NEW).

Browse[1] where I got, or see[2] the log of what I did.

    [1] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-perl/apps/clive.git;a=tree
    [2] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-perl/apps/clive.git;a=shortlog;h=HEAD

Comments welcome.

Comparing with clive 1.0, it seems the package was split upstream to
clive and clive-utils. I guess I should also package clive-utils and
make clive depend on it, right?

Also, if some of clive users want to give feedback on the new version,
please do. Unofficial package can be found at
ftp://modsoftsys.net/public/pool/c/clive/

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org