[Python-apps-team] Phatch 0.1.bzr331 is ready for packaging

Stani spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:27:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

I propose to submit Phatch Phatch 0.1.bzr331 again for Debian. This
version has been tested and there are no known bugs. I also tried to
be correct as possible with license information in source files, but
the copyright file will need an update (see below). If there any
feedback or issues concerning packaging/licensing, please shoot and I
will fix it upstream.

Phatch has been changed exponentially and now it supports:
- inspecting and saving any EXIF and IPTC tags
- limit jpeg file size when saving
- tons of actions organized by tags
- desktop or panel droplets
- console version (Phatch can now run without a gui on servers)
- Nautilus and desktop integration (with its own mime type and
nautilus extension)
- batch rename and copy files based on metadata
- an improved manpage
- online documentation wiki

In terms of dependencies this has changed, so could you please fix this?:
- python-pyexiv2 is required
- python-nautilus is recommended (not required because of KDE)

Also I had to include some files in the folder 'other' which are not
written by me, but are necessary for Phatch. AFAIK there are no
license conflicts, but the copyrights file will need an update:
- pubsub.py (copied from the wxpython library, as this script is wx independent)

- TiffImagePlugin.py:
# Patched version to fix dpi problem, see the python image-sig mailing list:
# http://www.mail-archive.com/image-sig@python.org/msg01572.html

- JpegImagePlugin.py:
# This file has been patched to be included with Phatch to fix the handling of
# CMYK jpg images. It is based on the patch proposed by Kevin Cazabon on the
# python image sig mailing list:
# http://www.mail-archive.com/image-sig@python.org/msg00800.html

pubsub.py is now necessary in the source package as phatch can also
run as a console application on servers, where python-wxgtk* is not
installed. For the debian package you could strip out it (as it will
be build with python-wxgtk) or mention it in the copyrights file. Do
whatever is the easiest. The other two patches for PIL are important
for Phatch as they fix very serious issues. These patches have been
around  for a while and I have no idea why Fredrik Lundh did not
implemented them in PIL.

You can grab this version (or newer) at:
http://sd-2986.dedibox.fr/photobatch/download/index.html

If the package is ready according to your opinion, I will add the
latest translations and afterwards we can submit it.

Best regards,
Stani