[Python-apps-team] [Python-apps-commits] r1448 - in packages/slingshot/trunk (18 files)

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 15 23:34:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

ryanakca-guest at users.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> +  * Upstream didn't add a #!/usr/bin/python2.5 line to slingshot.py. Users
> +    can't be expected to know that they should run `python
> +    /usr/games/slingshot`, so it is added in 01_execute_with_python.diff

Since you depend on python >= 2.5 (debian/pyversions), I'd suggest to use
/usr/bin/python instead of hardcoding 2.5, so that it uses the default python
interpreter when we switch to another one.

> +  * Upstream doesn't supply a setup.py file, so I created one. See
> +    02_create_setup.py.diff

Same here (python2.5 vs python). And you could put setup.py in debian/ and
define that in debian/rules, so you don't need a patch for that
(DEB_PYTHON_SETUP_CMD := debian/setup.py). Also, I fail to see why
slingshot/__init__.py needs a shebang.

Cheers,
Emilio