[Python-apps-team] Gwibber: call for testing

A. Christine Spang spang at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 10 15:18:59 UTC 2009

Hello,

Good to see someone is working on Gwibber! I've been stealing the Ubuntu
package from Launchpad for a while now since I'm interested in using it
but don't really want to maintain it at this point.

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 04:04:47PM +0200, Filip Chabik wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I hope everybody knows what is Gwibber, and if not, check this site out
> [1]. Recently package of that application entered [2] and every Debian
> user can install it on his system. Here are links, that might be useful:

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gwibber/gwibber_1.2.0
> +bzr346-5.dsc
>
> I'd like to ask everyone of you to try it and test it. It's working fine
> for me, but my sponsor have some issues on two different systems. Here
> are errors he is encourting:

It builds and runs fine for me. But the error traceback you pointed out
looks like an upstream bug to me (trying to connect to some URL and
crashing on a 404). Perhaps someone on the upstream mailing list or irc
channel would have more insight.

cheers,
Christine