[Python-apps-team] gcalcli -- anyone is interested or should I pick it up?

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Tue Jun 9 22:46:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 00:33, Yaroslav Halchenko<debian at onerussian.com> wrote:
>> I made 3 commits (ouf of 5), one other from our main
>> contributor/sponsor/guru/<insert something positive here> and the last
>> one from a long-time contributor: what's the bad practice you see? If
>> there is a problem, please tell.
> oki doki
>
> absent tags for debian revisions (or did I miss them with my git-svn
> clone?)
>
> commit 296
>  adding watch file is cool, editing existing changelog entry for a
>  version already in Debian -- not quite good

that's because of the "UNRELEASED" in the changelog entry, not changed
where released or overwritten by my commit. this is *not* a common
practice we adopt, that's an error.

> next commit 377
>  log message says
>    Bump Standards-Version to 3.7.3
>  but besides boosting standards version (without ack for that in
>  changelog) it changed Priority, which is a right thing; but I prefer
>  to have atomic commits, so later on I could easily revert if needed
>  and localize the actual change

Ok atomic commit are fine, but 2 commits to change 2 line? come on,
there must be some balance between atomicity and time wasting ;)

and I'm the one to praise for changelog entry for everything...

Anyhow, I don't care of the package that much to adopt/comaint, so
*for me* do what you prefer with it :)

Regards,