[Python-apps-team] Problem installing ".desktop" file

Fabian Köster koesterreich at gmx.net
Thu Nov 19 00:35:04 UTC 2009

Hello there,

I hope this is the right place for this..

I want to package a simple python program which allows sending SMS (text-
messages) via an GMX (German E-Mail Provider) account.

The packaging of the program itself is not the problem but I tried a lot of
things to install a .desktop file for it - but without any sucess.

At some stage of the build process (I do not know where exactly) the .desktop
file gets deleted and cannot be installed by dh_install. I tried to protect it
by setting DEB_CLEAN_EXCLUDE+="*.desktop", but it does not help.

Can somebody help me here?

You can get the source package from the Debian Mentors Repo [1]

Thanks in advance,
Fabian

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gmxsms/