[Python-apps-team] Mercurial Debian patches applied upstream

Vincent Danjean vdanjean at debian.org
Sun Jul 4 08:29:38 UTC 2010

  Hi,

On 03/07/2010 15:15, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Javi Merino wrote:
>>> BTW, I've recently built 1.6 with your packaging on Lenny. I had to
>>> adjust some of the patches. Do you want me to send you my changes?
>>
>> I was doing that myself right now! can you check that your changed
>> patches are the same than the current version in the svn?
>
> Looking them over:
>
> 1) In deb_specific__install-help-separately you have removed
[...]

  I re-add it has it is required for 'hg help environment' for example
to work.

> I've been having a little trouble getting hg to output the right version
> string on install. Currently I'm getting
>
> Mercurial Distributed SCM (version null+8-8dc1b6cb2e64+20100702)
>
> The code suggests that mercurial/__version.py is not modified during
> build, but it is. If set as 1.6 it changes to something else. Can you
> shed any light on this? If you are going to upload 1.6 to unstable
> shortly, I'll wait and try it.

commands in debian/rules ensure it is not modified during a Debian build.
It is not in my sbuilder. Can you tell me how (which commands) you observe
it changing ? My guess is that you have, at a time or another, typed
'make clean' directly and then, latter, running setup.py recreated
the file with the string you cite.

  I just uploaded mercurial 1.6. (I also remove the spurious tab in
debian/rules as you asked)

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean                 Adresse: Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
Téléphone:  +33 4 76 61 20 11            ENSIMAG - antenne de Montbonnot