[Python-apps-team] Backport mercurial 2.0.1-1 to squeeze-backports

Javi Merino cibervicho at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 22:26:45 UTC 2011

On 11/12/11 22:29, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 18:01:23 +0000, Javi Merino wrote:
>
>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> I'm thinking about backporting 2.0.1-1 to squeeze when it reaches
>> testing.  I'm not a DD yet, so I'll need sponsoring and as you uploaded
>> the previous backport of mercurial (1.8.3-1~bpo60+1) I thought you may
>> be interested.
>>
> Yep, sure.  I didn't do it myself because I wasn't sure how to handle
> the switch to dh_python2,

dh_python2 is in squeeze, so the package "just builds" and so far in my
laptop it seems to "just work".

> and didn't want to also upload a backport for
> the extension packages at the time.

In which ones were you thinking about?  mercurial-git is in squeeze (but
the current version in squeeze doesn't work with mercurial 2.0.1) so I
can backport it.  mercurial-nested and mercurial-server are not in
squeeze, is there any user demand for that?

Cheers,
Javi (Vicho)