[Python-apps-team] hg.1: description of backout command is confusing

Jonathan Nieder jrnieder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:58:19 UTC 2011

(-cc: the bug because the topic has turned meta-)

Vincent Danjean wrote:

>   If Javi has free time, he will perhaps forward your bug report to
> upstream but this kind of changes will have more chances to be applied
> if someone that really want them propose them to upstream.

Yes, my only goals were

 1. to record the bug, providing a place for myself and others to
    coordinate work as time allows

 2. to hopefully see the report passed on to someone who cares
    upstream.

You might say I should have filed a bug on the upstream bugtracker
for (2), but I do not know the upstream conventions, whether a
mailing list is a better place for this kind of thing than the bug
tracker, whether there is a "most bug reports without patches will
result in flames" rule like glibc, and so on.

I also don't know what goals upstream has with respect to manpages.
I know one goal in the Debian project is for manpages to be clear.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan