[Python-apps-team] future of cnetworkmanager in Debian

Michael Biebl biebl at debian.org
Tue Jun 7 22:27:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of network-manager in Debian.
I was wondering what your plans are regarding cnetworkmanager in Debian,
especially wrt to #624851 and network-manager 0.9. Without significant changes,
cnetworkmanager will not work with network-manager 0.9.
And I plan to upload network-manager 0.9 (which is currently in experimental) to
unstable in the near future.

Now that network-manager ships nmcli as part of the network-manager package, and
afaik cnetworkmanager upstream has stopped development of it and recommends
nmcli, I was wondering if you are planning to update cnetworkmanager yourself to
work with network-manager 0.9 or if we should request its removal.

Have you tried nmcli? Are there any missing features which nmcli doesn't
provide? If this is the case, would you be interested in helping getting those
implemented in nmcli?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?