[Python-apps-team] New Backup Application

Scott Howard showard314 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:02:38 UTC 2011

Hi Pauel

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Paul Reddy <paul at kereru.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [I hope this is the right group. Apologies if not]
>
> I've built a reasonably comprehensive backup and disaster recovery app,
> and am looking for some help on the next steps, the first of which I
> believe is to find a mentor/sponsor from this group.

This list is for help with getting packages into Debian. It seems like
you have one that isn't quite a package yet. For help in getting a
package together, see [1]. Since you are a python application, you can
also contact the python-apps-team [2]. I've CC:ed them to this email.
Also, Lucas Nussbaum has been working on a packaging tutorial on
-devel, those slides and examples could be helpful.

Someone at python-apps-team may be interested in helping you make a
package in the first place. You also can file an RFP (request for
package) bug to request that your application be packaged [4].

Once you have a package, you can upload it to somewhere like
http://mentors.debian.net for review and sponsorship.

Cheers,
Scott

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/