[Python-apps-team] ITP: openerp6 -- Enterprise Resource Management

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Tue Nov 29 21:03:32 UTC 2011

Hi Dmitrijs,

please take a look at #638720 and #638722. I must admit,
that I currently don't have much time to spend on this
packaging effort and already thought about changing the
ITPs into RFPs.

Some opinions:

  - While a (free as in beer) migration path from 5 to 6
    would be desirable, we have to live with the fact that
    it currently does not exist. No fundamental problem.

  - Re-introducing OpenERP 5 is something I would shy away
    from because of the extra work load. Better maintain
    one package good than two packages not so good.

  - I'm not sure how important the GTK+ UI is nowadays.
    I'm under the impression that everyone goes for the
    web UI. Of course, YMMV.

If I have more time later on, I would be happy to help.

Cheers