[Python-apps-team] Voc2brain - a free flashcard trainer

Jonathan Kossick j.kossick at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 22:48:09 UTC 2012

Hello,  I'm developer of the Voc2brain education project. Voc2brain is an
open-source vocabulary trainer for Windows, Linux and OSX (coming soon).
Voc2brain is developed unter the GPL-3 and BSD license. Until now we
provide Voc2brain on our own ppa but we would like to provide Voc2brain
over the universe repository.

Voc2brain has the concept of allowing users to learn words in an easy and
efficient way. The software should assist users with retaining as much
knowledge as possible. The key method Voc2brain uses is the flashcard
system structuring learning around your schedule. After each testing, the
words go one level further until they reach the seventh level. The interval
inbetween the intestings increases with the advancing to a higher level. Is
a vocabulary answered in a wrong way though, it goes back to the first
level. With this system, a temporary learning of words is prevented and
languages are learned continuous and efficient.

Voc2brain was a project for me to work into python and pyqt4. So we are
aware that some parts of the code are not written properly. Nevertheless
Voc2brain is successful, works great and at the moment there are no known
issues. The count of downloads increases monthly so that we just decided to
offer not only German and Englisch. Actually we started to translate
Voc2brain on transifex.com instead of launchpad because we use the
QtTranslator and not gettext.

I write this mail because I want to ask how I can get Voc2brain into the
universe repository. What are the guidlines to get software into the
universe repository? Maybe it is important to know that I use quickly to
create the pakages and so it already creates .dsc, .tar.gz and of course
deb packages ...

I hope you can help me