[Python-apps-team] git-bzr-ng_0+git20120823-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Dmitrijs Ledkovs xnox at debian.org
Fri Dec 7 15:25:52 UTC 2012

On 7 December 2012 14:44, Stefano Rivera <stefanor at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Yaroslav (2012.12.07_16:16:27_+0200)
>> so, I am afraid, making it into something reliably usable would be quite
>> a bit of work...  otherwise -- it would be only frustration for users
>> and you
>
> It worked well for me. But yes, I have been fairly hesitant about
> uploading it, because I was worried about the health upstream.
>
> The code is fairly simple though, so I'm hoping it'd be maintainable.

Well, there is a fruit salad of heads on github for git-bzr[-ng]*.
And on one hand forking on github is easy, on the other hand it
resulted in a spaghetti mess of branches of unknown state.
Having something packaged (with sensible cherry-picks from all over) is useful.
As one can now point people to $ apt-get install git-bzr-ng, instead
of the ever changing github repo of the day.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.