[Python-apps-team] Looking for help writing setup.py for MMA, a python app

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Fri Jan 6 02:21:10 UTC 2012

Hi Python whisperers and wranglers,

I'm working to package Musical MIDI Accompaniment (MMA),
an awesome python app, for Debian.[1]

The app currently uses custom install scripts; I am advised
that I should write a setup.py script to handle this.

Trouble is, I'm new to Python. I'm looking for someone
who might help walk me through that part.

The package, in it's current state of finish, is now
residing in the Debian Multimedia Team's git repository.[2]

Thanks for any help or advice,

Joel

1. http://www.mellowood.ca/mma/

2. http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-multimedia/mma.git