[Python-apps-team] Trac plugin copyright (was: trac-diavisview_0.1+r11124-1_i386.changes REJECTED)

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Tue Jan 10 21:50:21 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-10 19:37, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> correct copyright notice is Copyright (C) 2003-2011 Edgewall Software.
> Please fix your copyright file.

To my knowledge Edgewall Software does not hold the copyright
for this plugin. I believe, that the copyright notice is
correct. Many Trac plugins are under BSD license, like Trac
itself, and refer to the Trac BSD license, which contains the
string "Copyright (C) 2003-2011 Edgewall Software". However, I'm
not aware of any copyright assignment of Trac plugin authors in
favour of Edgewall. So the copyrights are still the authors. The
copyright for Trac itself is Edgewalls, but not necessarily for
all plugins, which are by different authors and have even
different licenses, e.g. GPL. IANAL etc.

Cheers