[Python-apps-team] [Call for Test] Please test your package with python-svn/experimental (version 1.7.6-0.1)

Arthur de Jong adejong at debian.org
Sat Jul 21 09:27:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 06:53 +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> I've put pysvn 1.7.6 package to experimental, it is necessary update
> to put Subversion1.7 to Wheezy. Your package seems to have a
> dependency for this python-svn package, so please check it with
> python-svn_1.7.6-0.1 in experimental.

Thanks. I've had a look at rabbitvcs and while it works with python-svn
1.7.6-0.1 there is a problem with the fact that subversion 1.7 no longer
ships a .svn directory in every subdirectory of a working copy.

This has also been reported upstream and fixed in their repository. I've
created a patch in the Python Applications Packaging Team svn
repository:
  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-apps/?view=revision&revision=8963

I've confirmed that this patches fixes the problems in the nautilus
plugin and had a quick look at the other components and haven't found a
problem.

Any preference as to whether I upload to unstable or experimental (there
is no dependency on the newer pysvn)?

--
-- arthur - adejong at debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --