[Python-apps-team] RFC: Packaging a Python application

Rogério Brito rbrito at ime.usp.br
Sat Jun 2 00:24:26 UTC 2012

Hi there.

I am upstream for a project (TunesViewer) that I have already filed an
[ITP bug for][0].

[0]: http://bugs.debian.org/674724

While I am moderately experienced packaging C programs, I am almost a
complete newbie packaging Python programs and I would kindly request
some reviews to have TunesViewer in proper shape and following the
best current practices to be friendly with distributions.

The [repository where I am doing the development][1] is at github,
with the upstream bits in the master branch and the packaging in the
debian branch. The package still needs some cleaning up (e.g.,
removing noise from the changelog, finishing documentation and doing a
proper next release), but the main pieces are already sorted out, I
think.

[1]: https://github.com/rbrito/tunesviewer

So, with that in mind, could any of you please lend a hand here? Any
comments are welcome and will be promptly addressed.

Thanks in advance, Rogério.

P.S.: Please, do keep the CC list, as my co-author (Luke) is most
probably not subscribed to any Debian lists.
--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://rb.doesntexist.org/blog : Projects : https://github.com/rbrito/