[Python-apps-team] work on gmail-notify package

Arthur de Jong adejong at debian.org
Sun Mar 4 13:45:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've upgraded that gmail-notify package to use dh_python2 instead of
dh_pycentral and I'm planning to do an upload. I would also like to do:
- switch to dh sequencer (from cdbs)
- switch to 3.0 (quilt) source format (and refresh all patches)
- perhaps integrate the patch from #560983 (should probably ask someone
  to review)
- integrate any remaining changes from Ubuntu
- update standards version
- fix all lintian warnings

Any objections?

I don't use Gmail so I don't really have a proper way to test this
(apart from inspecting the installed package).

A related question is whether the package should be kept at all. Popcon
is relatively low for something that a lot of people seem to be using.
Upstream development is also no longer happening. Is it still useful?

Thanks,

--
-- arthur - adejong at debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --