[Python-apps-team] Getting RabbitVCS 0.15 into Ubuntu 12.04 repos

Jason Heeris jason.heeris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:26:40 UTC 2012

On 18/03/12 22:05, Arthur de Jong wrote:
> I think I'm almost ready for an upload to unstable. The biggest
> differences from to the upstream packaging:
> - rabbitvcs-nautilus package provides the nautilus3 plugin (only
>   nautilus3 in Debian)

Are you absolutely sure this is necessary? It'll cause major headaches
for Ubuntu or Debian users with both official repos and the PPA active.
I could perhaps put a conflict with rabbitvcs-nautilus in the
rabbitvcs-nautilus3 package, but I don't know if that would result in
other problems.

> - no rabbitvcs-thunar package because thunarx-python isn't yet in Debian

Why not try to get that in too? I packaged that for Debian, and it was
ignored on Mentors and DPMT, but Adam Plumb should still have the
packaging info up on github (or wherever he put the code).

> I've done some testing and most things seem to be working, except the
> gedit plugin. Currently Debian has gedit 3.2.6 while the plugin in
> clients/gedit seems to be for gedit 2. This bugreport
>   http://bugs.debian.org/635123
> seems to suggest that gedit 3 is supported in 0.15 but I don't think it
> is.

I don't think it is either. I'll check with Adam, but it's probably
compatible with whatever's in Ubuntu 11.10.

Cheers,
Jason