[Python-apps-team] trac debian packaging in git instead of svn

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Nov 6 10:10:08 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 04:54 AM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting "Daniel Kahn Gillmor" <dkg at fifthhorseman.net>:
>> Is there any interest in using this approach for trac packaging in the
>> python-apps-team?
>
> I would prefer a single VCS approach for the Python teams.
> I.e. let's either migrate all packages to git or none at all.

I understand where you're coming from, but this kind of absolute
requirement seems like a recipe for inaction.

It took me a little while to sort out the trac packaging, between
pulling in the upstream versions, sorting out the svn authorsfile, and
linking the various changesets to the appropriate versions.  I'm not
about to do the same work right away for every one of the python-apps
packages, which i don't know nearly as well as i know trac.

I could walk people how i've done it, if other folks are interested, but
it seems to me like having some apps migrated to the VCSes that
encourage people to work on them would be a step in the right direction,
even if it's not for all of them.

> (Btw. thanks for working on the Trac package - it's desperately
> in need of some love! Did you see that I uploaded 0.12.4 to
> experimental? It's meant for wheezy, but it gets late...)

yep, i saw that, and your upload is integrated in the git repository i
pointed to.  thanks!

	--dkg