[Python-apps-team] Getting Trac 0.12.4 into wheezy?

Arthur de Jong adejong at debian.org
Mon Oct 1 21:19:03 UTC 2012

Hi release team!

We recently discussed the status of Trac for wheezy [0] and would like
to try to get Trac 0.12.4 into wheezy (it currently has 0.12.3-1).

Trac 0.12.4 is a LTS release and should only get fixes for serious
issues and receives security support. It is probably easier to support
0.12.4 than 0.12.3 in terms of backporting changes and it would be
useful to have fixes for some of the issues that were addressed in
0.12.4.

The bugs that were fixes in 0.12.4 are in [1]. I've had a quick look and
most seem to address important issues. The bug logs contain links to the
specific changes which of which most seem to be minimal. Most changes
are also backports from the development or 1.0 version so are likely
well tested already.

The diffstat totals between 0.12.3 and 0.12.4 are:
(excluding documentation, translations and tests) which would be OK to
review if required.

What is the release team's opinion on this?

Thanks,

[0] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/python-apps-team/2012-September/006772.html
[1] http://trac.edgewall.org/query?group=status&milestone=0.12.4

--