[Python-apps-team] moving trac packaging to git, and preparing trac 1.0.1 for experimental

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Apr 3 03:40:44 UTC 2013

On Thu 2013-03-28 12:46:00 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

> On 03/28/2013 12:20 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
>
>> First of all: Thanks for working on Trac!
>
> you're welcome!

I'm going ahead with the trac 1.0.1 upload to experimental.  I've been
using this in production for a while now and things are good, and i
heard no objections to the packaging work itself.

I am still fine with the idea of putting trac and its satellite packages
under python-apps control as long as it can be done in git, but without
a PAPT git repository setup, i don't see a way to do that, so i'm
sticking with collab-maint for the moment.  I'd be happy to move the
packages i'm working on to a python-apps-team set of git repostories if
they get created.

If any admins on the python apps team want to set up such a set of git
repos (or want to empower me to take care of it somehow), that would be
lovely.  I'd also be happy to talk to some of the perl team folks
(ansgar, carnil, and gregoa in particular) about how they did their
svn→git transitions, if people want me to try to get that ball rolling.
I expect if we were to go ahead with it, it would be a gradual
transition, not a sudden or abrupt one.  But i'd like some feedback
about that from other members of the team before i take any of that on.

All the best,

    --dkg