[Python-apps-team] Backporting of cython to oldstable

Joe Healy joehealy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 14:29:55 UTC 2013

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko <yoh at debian.org> wrote:
> 1 or 2 should be fine.  2 might be better in the long run since if that
> is just a matter of tests, then we probably could simply
>
> a. implement release specific handling within stock debian/rules
> b. adjust debian/control to build-depend on
>    python3-numpy | python-numpy (<< 1.6.2)
>
> thus avoiding any additional patching to keep track of for squeeze
> backport

On this basis, I'll see if I can achieve 2. After a bit more looking,
I assume I should be able to, just waiting for tests to finish from
option 1 to make sure I've done that properly - if I go down that path
- though 2 is looking more likely now.

> but marginally related -- myself I would not bother atm to care for
> backporting to squeeze -- it is OLD stable and who knows for how much
> longer it would be kept supported... I primarily migrated to wheezy

There are quite a few users of salt still running squeeze (unfortunately).
They'll probably migrate in time, but for the moment I'm keen to backport it.

Thanks,

Joe