[Python-apps-team] Gourmet Recipe Manager 0.16.0 release ahead

Bernhard Reiter ockham at raz.or.at
Sat Mar 2 00:45:44 UTC 2013

Christian,

I'm a developer of Gourmet Recipe Manager (packaged as "gourmet" in
Debian), and I'd like to let you know that we intend to finally release
version 0.16.0 quite soon (currently targetting Monday, March 4).

We've recently moved our git repo from Sourceforge to GitHub [1], and as
I've also contributed to some Debian packages in the past, I've created
a debian branch in our git repo based on your 0.15.9-1 package, which
I've then updated to reflect the current dependencies etc, migrated
debian/rules to tiny dh style, cleaned up a bit, and fixed some Lintian
warnings. I hope this work is useful to you.

As I'd like to have Ubuntu 13.04 (whose FeatureFreeze is on March 7)
ship with Gourmet 0.16.0 with as little effort as possible, I'd like to
ask you if you're okay with uploading the updated package (once it's
ready) to experimental (as unstable is still undergoing Freeze) so it
can simply be sync'ed to Ubuntu afterwards.

On a sidenote, would you be okay with joining PAPT [2] and transferring
maintainership to them, listing yourself and me as uploaders? That would
also mean maintaining the package via PAPT's SVN repo. I think that I
(and others) would be able to help out with the packaging of Gourmet
more easily that way.

Kind regards
Bernhard

[1] https://github.com/thinkle/gourmet