[Python-apps-team] Backporting of cython to oldstable

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Sun Sep 1 07:04:00 UTC 2013

also sprach Joe Healy <joehealy at gmail.com> [2013.08.30.1629 +0200]:
> > but marginally related -- myself I would not bother atm to care for
> > backporting to squeeze -- it is OLD stable and who knows for how much
> > longer it would be kept supported... I primarily migrated to wheezy
>
> There are quite a few users of salt still running squeeze (unfortunately).

Debian guarantees support for oldstable for one year, so until May
2014, at least. For many sysadmins, this is the reason to use
Debian. Therefore, I appreciate that Joe is willing to maintain Salt
backports for squeeze even.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

it may look like i'm just sitting here doing nothing.
but i'm really actively waiting
for all my problems to go away.