[Python-apps-team] Backporting of cython to oldstable

Yaroslav Halchenko yoh at debian.org
Tue Sep 3 13:06:18 UTC 2013

Closes: 545809 607097 615932 627773 637388 641128 651996 671070 674073 677405 679359 681697 682652 683676 691704
692313 693555 716756
Changes:
 cython (0.19.1+git34-gac3e3a2-1~bpo60+1) squeeze-backports-sloppy; urgency=low
 .
   * Rebuild for squeeze-backports-sloppy.
   * Removed numpy as a build depend
   * Install correct debug files
   * Added NEWS file warning of risks of FTBFS

cool -- do you have rights to commit to cython's packaging SVN?  we should
place these changes into some branch for possible future (re)use, although not
sure if I would appreciate merges in SVN -- may be  time to move packaging to GIT?

anyone objecting/advocating for such a switch?

I could maintain the same 'overlay' structure as before -- I have been
using git-buildpackage anyways with this SVN repo git-svn'ed cloned

Cheers,