[Python-apps-team] [BUG] Wrong dependencies of awscli

Philipp Gruber philipp.gruber at flupps.net
Mon Feb 3 00:46:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

I just noticed that awscli has some missing dependencies. After
installing version 1.2.9-2 on my system (debian testing) and trying to
run it, all I get is this:

> [philipp at philipp] ~> aws
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/aws", line 15, in <module>
>     import awscli.clidriver
>   File "/usr/share/awscli/awscli/clidriver.py", line 16, in <module>
>     import botocore.session
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/botocore/session.py", line 35, in <module>
>     import botocore.credentials
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/botocore/credentials.py", line 24, in <module>
>     import requests
> ImportError: No module named 'requests'

I fixed it by installing python3-requests-oauthlib.
Possibly python3-requests is enough though.

Would be handy if this was a dependency as
 > apt-cache search python request
returns quite a few packages and it's not obvious which one is the one
you need.

Cheers,

Philipp