[Python-apps-team] Looking for planet-venus testers - Was: Re: planet-venus needs love

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu
Sun Jan 26 20:16:07 UTC 2014

Hi.

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu> writes:

> Hi.
>
> Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu> writes:
>

>> I'm not a user of planet myself, but I'm willing to help (besides it,
>> I feel guilty for breaking it as per #735837... but not too much,
>> considering how old and abandoned it seems to be ;-).
>>

> I've started a quick and dirty update of the packaging to align with
> latest upstream Git repo.
>
> Interested team members may have a look at my git repo at [0].

> [0] https://github.com/olberger/venus/tree/newdebian

I've now reached a state where the test suite more or less passes (some
tests have been tweaked in a way that seemed reasonable to me, so the
tests pass, but I'm not sure about these tweaks).

Now, I think it would be great to have some testers to check whether the
patches I've applied are OK, or break the planet.

If the tests are conclusive, maybe some of the patches could be reported
upstream, so that the embedded copies of feedparser and html5lib could
be updated.

Any help much welcome, then. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8