[Python-apps-team] isort_3.9.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Sat Sep 27 23:41:59 UTC 2014

On 24 September 2014 18:00, Thorsten Alteholz
<ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:

> runtest.py doesn't look like the preferred form for modification.
> Can you please explain how to build the contents for "sources"?

Indeed, this file is nonsense; I overlooked it when switching from the
PyPI tarball of isort to the tarball on GitHub. This file is *not*
included in the PyPI tarball, but unfortunately other important files
(such as the tests) are also not included in this version, which is
why I switched in the first place.

runtests.py is generated by packing the sources of py.test[1], and is
neither needed (since py.test is installed by Build-Depends and used
to run the tests) nor desired (since the packed version will likely be
out of date) in the Debian package. I have repacked the upstream
tarball excluding this file (via Files-Excluded in debian/copyright
and uscan) and uploaded this as 3.9.0+ds1-1.

[1] http://pytest.org/latest/goodpractises.html#create-a-pytest-standalone-script