[Python-apps-team] Question regarding dependencies to mercurial-common in jessie

Fredrik Sandebert sandebert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 09:52:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm about to install mercurial and mercurial-common on a Raspberry Pi
running jessie. Two surprising dependencies (not even suggests) are showing
up:

   - javascript-common
   - libjs-excanvas

I can't find any info on the net on why these are dependencies. Seems
really strange to me. Are they actually required or can I safely ignore
them?

One of the dependencies can be seen here:
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/mercurial-common

Thanks for your work, it's very appreciated!

Cheers,
Fredrik