[Python-apps-team] Join Python Applications Packaging Team

Jordan Justen jljusten at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 01:22:59 UTC 2017

I'd like to join the PAPT to work on the python based 'alot'
application. I would be taking over from the previous maintainer who
is no longer actively using debian.

I'm a DM and I've worked on packaging for 3 other C based projects
previously.

My alioth username is jljusten-guest.

I have read http://python-apps.alioth.debian.org/policy.html and I
accept it.

But, I do have a question. I had planed to develop the 'alot' package
in git, but it appears that the python-apps project uses svn still. Is
it required that all python-apps packages use svn?

I have uploaded a new version of the 'alot' package to
mentors.debian.net, and I think josch agreed to sponsor the package.

Thanks,

-Jordan