[Python-apps-team] RM: spe -- ROM; Python 2 package; appears dead upstream; depends on Pychecker

Kenneth J. Pronovici pronovic at debian.org
Tue Jul 30 22:42:56 BST 2019

Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal

I am filing this bug to remove spe per the recommendation of the FTP Masters.

I am requesting that this package be removed from the archive so I can continue
with the removal of pychecker, which is obsolete, unsupported, and requires
Python 2.

I filed a bug with spe in early June but have not heard back since then.  There
hasn't been a maintainer upload for this package since 2013, even though there
have been 3 NMUs.  From what I can tell, the spe upstream is no longer active.
I do not see any evidence that a Python 3 version of spe is under development.
As a result, this package will eventually need to be removed from buster anyway.
I would just like to move up that timeline so I can finish removing pychecker.

I have CC'd the maintainer address (which might be dead?) as well as the two
listed uploaders (Stefano Canepa and Stani M).

Thanks,

KEN