[Python-apps-team] Processed: python-dns dependents: bley and spambayes

Juhani Numminen juhaninumminen0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:16:43 GMT 2020

Scott Kitterman kirjoitti 10.3.2020 klo 22.59:
> With my FTP Team hat on, it's the moreinfo tag that drives our process.  The blocking bugs can be useful information, but the don't really directly affect what we do.
>
> With my python-dns maintainer hat on, as long as it's out of testing, I'm not in a particular rush to remove it from Debian.  It's not blocking anything else.
>
> With no hat on, l think they should probably both go, but since I process most of the rm bugs, I usually avoid filing the for things I don't maintain.  I prefer not to be prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner.
>
> FTP Team hat again; if someone else filed rm bugs for those packages, I can't imagine I would have a problem processing them.
>
> Scott K
>
> On March 10, 2020 8:25:59 PM UTC, Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:
>> both bley and spambayes have not been in testing for several months
>> now,
>> i'm not sure they are really blocking the removal of this package, and
>> adding the block now helps really noone; if they want to stay in Debian
>> (at
>> least for the next stable release) they should be ported to python3

I have no objection against removal of any of these packages. It just seemed
that the related bugs might be appropriate to record in the metadata while the
deletions were being considered (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=952500#5)
and the moreinfo tag was in place anyway.

--
Juhani