Open mode for ‘stdout’ (was: a little bug for python_daemon lib)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Mar 10 01:03:42 UTC 2012

On 08-Mar-2012, 王春生 wrote:
>     I am a user of python_dameon lib, I like this lib ,but I found the
> daemon/runner.py in the lib have a bug (I think this is a bug):

Thank you, I'm glad ‘python-daemon’ is useful for you.

In case you are interested in the development of this library, you might
like to join the development discussion forum at
<URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/python-daemon-devel>.

> On line 83-85:
>         self.daemon_context.stdout = open(app.stdout_path, 'w+')
>         self.daemon_context.stderr = open(
>             app.stderr_path, 'w+', buffering=0)
> I think it will be better if the open flag is 'a+' , do you think so?
>
> Or when you restart the daemon script,the stdout and stderr log will be
> lost!

You have a good point. I will have a look soon to see whether that needs to
change.

Thank you for this bug report.

--
 \       “A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me |
  `\                                     at kick boxing.” —Emo Philips |