python-daemon have not implement those functions

王春生 chunshengster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 10:13:57 UTC 2012

Hi,all
I found python-daemon have not implement those functions for "start" and
"stop" checking:
for example, when you tpye "python xxxx.py start" in the console,it should
first check the daemon script is running or not, it it is running,it should
just return and tell the the user "the process is running"
also,when you type "python xxx.py stop",I want the pyhont_daemon lib should
check the script is running or not.

I send this mail just to know is there any other body have done it,or the
author have that plan or not. So,I want write a patch for it ,if it is
nessary, I just do it.