python-daemon: setgroups feature patch request

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 18 23:36:00 UTC 2014

On 18-Dec-2014, Aleksey Morarash wrote:
> IMHO, the best solution is to apply my first patch [implementing the
> equivalent of ‘os.initgroups’], but add a few lines of comments with
> a related notes.

More than that would need to be added: changes in documentation, a
complete set of unit tests for all the new code paths, a migration
path for when we eventually drop Python 2.6 support and want to drop
this custom implementation. Maybe more.

No, on the whole I think that's too much effort to add a custom
implementation of something already in Python 2.7. I'll add the
feature in ‘python-daemon’ 1.6.x, but not 1.5.x.

Please subscribe to ‘python-devel’ and follow the discussion there if
you'd like to know more.

--
 \     “If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the |
  `\        mirror, because I bet that's what REALLY throws you into a |