new PEP 3143 Implementation

Ulisses Furquim ulissesf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:54:07 UTC 2014

Hi Stephan,

I've seen your new module code and I have two questions:

 1. why not chroot() and then chdir() to working directory? That would make
the default of "/" for the working directory be perfect for the case where
only the chroot_directory is set.
 2. I see not even the PEP mention dealing with pythonpath (sys.path).
However, I'd expect that if we're changing the working directory that we
add it to sys.path and maybe even remove the old one. A daemon might want
to chdir to its private directory where it has more modules that are not
installed system-wide. What do you think?

Thanks,

-- Ulisses