unable to install python-daemon==2.0.5 with setup.py develop

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Aug 30 07:34:20 UTC 2015

On 17-Aug-2015, Jon Chen wrote:

> I'm unable to install python-daemon via `setup.py develop` when
> python-daemon==2.0.5 is listed as a dependency in setup.py. I've
> appended a snippet from the install log.

Thank you for the detail. I've seen similar behaviour before, but not
under reliable circumstances, so I don't know exactly how to reproduce
this for debugging.

It would be great to get a minimal, complete example package – perhaps
one contrived for the purpose – that can be reliably used by different
people to reproduce this problem.

--
 \      “I don't want to live peacefully with difficult realities, and |
  `\     I see no virtue in savoring excuses for avoiding a search for |