Unable to install python-daemon as a dependency from dependant's setup.py

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Aug 6 13:54:47 UTC 2016

On 21-Jun-2016, Maarten van Gompel wrote:

> This breaks with the following message:
>
>     […]
>     /tmp/easy_install-mwc_1f_d/python-daemon-2.1.1/.eggs/docutils-0.12-py3.5.egg
>     /tmp/venv-luigi/lib/python3.5/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py:294:
>     UserWarning: The version specified ('UNKNOWN') is an invalid version, this may not work as expected with newer versions of setuptools, pip, and PyPI. Please see PEP 440 for more details.
>     […]
>     Installed /tmp/venv-luigi/lib/python3.5/site-packages/python_daemon-UNKNOWN-py3.5.egg
>     error: The 'python-daemon<3.0' distribution was not found and is required by luigi

I confirm the same behaviour from this test case. This is a known
problem (as you noted, it has been reported before) but now I have a
reasonable chance to test a solution.

--
 \           “Are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think so |
  `\      Brain, but what if we stick to the seat covers?” —_Pinky and |